Friday, December 28, 2007

Choosing the Right Home

Today we received another application for Dolly, and this one sounds very promising. The lady had seen her on our website, and has been looking for a border collie mix to give her 5-month-old border collie puppy a playmate. I will hate to see Dolly leave, but I’m excited that she may find her forever home. It’s scary to be the one responsible for deciding if this home is right for the dog you’ve been fostering. What if I approve someone to adopt one of my foster dogs, and then they don’t take care of him or her? Or they abuse the dog, or give it away to someone else who won’t take care of it? What if they leave it chained up outside? I invest so much time and energy and love, and I want to make sure that whomever adopts my foster dog is going to love her as much as I do.

No comments: