We won an award! It's the Doggie Bloggie Award from Something Wagging This Way Comes. It means a lot that we'd get an award for this blog at a time when I'm having trouble coming up with anything to blog about. Without a steady supply of foster pets, life has become a lot less interesting. Fortunately with Ziggy around, there is always something new to share, so maybe I should credit Ziggy as the true recipient of this award. Thank you SomethingWagging for this award!!
Here are the rules of the Doggie Bloggie award:
1) Thank the person who gave the award and link to them.
2) Name 10 things about yourself-creative, weird, enticing, whatever.
3) Award 15 doggie bloggers-whoever you think deserves this regardless of whether they are old or new.
4) Share the love with the doggie bloggers you award by commenting on their site.
5) Finally, have a great time! After all, doggies are nothing if not fun!
So here are 5 things about me, and 5 things about Ziggy that you may not already know.
5 Things about Me
1. In 2006 I ran the Disney Marathon in under 5 hours. I haven't gone running since then.
2. I was indirectly struck by lightning at the top of Mt. Whitney (14,000 ft). Now I'm scared of thunderstorms.
3. I am addicted to chocolate. Refer back to #1 and realize why this is a very bad combination.
4. I have never been able to whistle, but I still keep trying to learn.
5. I can say the alphabet backwards and forwards in less than 10 seconds. (impressive, isn't it?)
5 Things about Ziggy
1. Ziggy is learning to walk on a treadmill, so I will have to exercise even less than I do now.
2. Ziggy's favorite game is to wait until I'm not looking, then grab my computer mouse and run to the other side of the room.
3. Ziggy's favorite sport is counter surfing - not just for food, but for anything he can pull off of the counter.
4. Ziggy's favorite hiding spot is under the futon. After he does a sneak attack on another dog, he runs and hides.
5. Ziggy weighs 60 pounds, but he can still fit himself through the cat door in a metal pet gate with a very tiny door for a cat. (also impressive!)
And now I would like to award this Doggie Bloggie award to just a few of my favorite dog bloggers...
Two Pitties in the City Because you are the kind of dog owners I would like to be!
My Life With Dogs Because you do a great job with helping rescue pets!
Rescued Insanity Because I just discovered your blog and I love it.
And a few of Remi's favorite dog bloggers...
Evolution of Darwin Because Darwin is the most beautiful blue Great Dane ever
The Life and Times of Remington Because Remington is a great name, and he likes football more than any dog we know.
Tucker Because Tucker is a Most Handsome Great Dane
Zona's Pawprints Because even though Zona isn't a Great Dane she's a very special dog!
And a few of Noelle's favorite dog bloggers...
Mayzie's Dog Blog Because Mayzie is Noelle's role model and she wants to be just like Mayzie
They Call Me The Booker Man Because he always makes Noelle smile, but she doesn't have a crush on him because she knows he is Mayzie's boyfriend!
The Circus Dog Because Lola is very beautiful and and even has one of the same nicknames as Noelle!
Frankly Speaking Because Frankie has 87 gazillion friends but still finds time to visit us.
And a few of Ziggy's favorite dog bloggers.
Pei Days Because Ziggy could TOTALLY be part Shar Pei and he can't believe I forgot to include the possibility that he could be anything like his friend Lola! He's pretty sure he got his curly tail from his Shar Pei genes.
Daily Dose of Jack Because Jack is very funny and Ziggy loves his blog.
It's a Dog's Life Because Hero is Ziggy's hero and role model!
Grins and Kisses Because Ziggy was honored that Yin and Yang thought he could be part pug like them!
We have so many more favorite blogs that I wish we could share this award with! If you've been awarded this award, and had already received it or don't have the time or inclination to share it, that is all good too - it's just for fun! If you haven't visited some of the above blogs, go check them out and make some new friends. And don't forget to stop by and say hi to Something Wagging This Way Comes!