Friday, January 14, 2011

Ziggy's Adoption Video

Recently I took a short video to add to Ziggy's online adoption information. The previous video on his bio was Ziggy looking cute while eating treats. He looks cute because he closes his eyes each time he takes a treat, in order to fully enjoy the experience. That was a cute video, but it wasn't convincing anyone to adopt him. So I decided a new video was in order. One which demonstrates what a smart dog Ziggy is. One that shows off many of the tricks that he has learned.



What is amazing about Ziggy is not that he knows so many tricks in spite of being deaf. It's that he knows so many tricks in spite of the fact that I spend almost no time teaching him these. If I try to teach him something and he doesn't learn it within 30 seconds, I usually just give up, because I'm lazy. But fortunately Ziggy is smart enough to learn all these tricks in 30 seconds or less, so he makes me look good (if you ignore the part where he always tries to steal the food out of my hand). This also explains why Ziggy knows all these commands and several more, while my own dogs only know like three things each. Maybe this video will help Ziggy get adopted... but probably not.

7 comments:

Bobby said...

I AM AMAZED YOU STILL HAVE ZIGGY, I WOULD THINK SOMEONE WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIGHTED TO HAVE HIM.

brooke said...

Ziggy is so smart! I think he's smarter than Darwin! I love him praying! So cute!
I hope it helps someone see what a catch he is!

Anonymous said...

I love when he's praying! This is a really great video, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Oh...my...DOG! My heart just swelled all up at his cuteness when he was praying. Hey! That's another kind of person that could adopt Ziggy - a preacher! I bet all sorts of peoples would go to Church if Ziggy was part of the service.

My paws are crossed that this super terrific movie helps him find a super terrific home!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Ziggy you should go on America's got talent! You are quite good at those tricks.

Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

BerniceK said...

Oh my = I love the praying one. Very cute!

Kari in Alaska said...

Ziggy sure is smart

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/