Sunday, May 15, 2011

Four Kittens and a Dog; Update on my fosters

Five of my foster pets were adopted this weekend!  Thunder and Stormy, two kittens from the Tornado litter, were adopted together.  And then Lightning and Raine, the other two kittens from the same litter, were also adopted together!  We always like to adopt out young kittens in pairs if possible, because it gives them a friend to play with in their new home.  So I was really excited to have all four of them go home in pairs.

In addition to the four kittens being adopted, Forrester was also adopted!

It was a great weekend, as several other puppies and dogs were also adopted.  It also gives me a much needed break, since for awhile there I had five foster dogs and eight foster cats.  Four foster dogs and four foster cats is a much easier number.  Here's a quick summary of my remaining fosters, in order of arrival:

Ziggy - Deaf pit bull, he got to stay home on Saturday because there wasn't enough room in the car for everyone to go.  I'm planning to alternate him and Tulsa at adoption events because both of them can be challenging to handle at PetSmart with all the strange dogs and people.

Kira, Kimba and Kona - All three cats are finally ready for adoption.  Kimba and Kona, the two kittens, went to adoptions today, and I don't think they'll take long to be adopted.  Kira, the momma cat, is still recovering from being spayed so she will not be ready for adoption events until next weekend.

Belle - Belle, the FIV positive calico cat, has settled in to life in my bedroom, and she enjoys spending her days looking out the window, and her nights cuddled up with me.  I had planned to take her to the adoption event today but somehow I forgot about her she managed to stay behind.  Adoption events aren't her favorite thing, but they're her best bet for finding a permanent home, so I'll try to take her next weekend.

Target - White and brown mixed breed dog - Target is doing great - he's learned to walk well on a leash, is crate trained and is doing very well with house-training.  He is very popular at adoption events, and I expect that he will soon be finding a home of his own.

Toby - Another white and brown mixed breed dog! - Toby is also doing great, and had a lot of fun at today's adoption event.  He got some great new toys from the lady who was responsible for getting him into foster care, and he loved the new toys and all of the attention from the volunteers and customers at PetSmart.

Tulsa - Deaf Blue Heeler, went to her first All Paws adoption event and did much better than expected.  She met and greeted several dogs without issue, and although she barked at dogs while in her crate, she was very good about not getting too excited when being held on leash.

15 comments:

havetailwillwag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
havetailwillwag said...

Wow you have so many fosters! I don't know how you do it! You're amazing!

havetailwillwag said...

Wow you have so many fosters! I don't know how you do it! You're amazing!

havetailwillwag said...

sorry i don't know what happened! my comment appeared like 3 times!

Cupcake said...

I wish I lived in your house!

I have 4 dogs and 2 cats but it doesn't seem like enough.

I'm so glad to hear about all the adoptions!! You do such important work. THANK YOU!!!!

Kari in Alaska said...

that is such awesome news!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I agree.. this is pawsome news!!!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

I don't know how y'all manage all those dogs and cats at one time! My Human would have pulled all her hair out. I think my Human Papa would have put her out in the garage if she came home with all them.

That said, I'd love to come visit and play with the whole bunch!

Hawk aka BrownDog

JacksDad said...

What a great thing you are doing! I agree - you're pretty amazing!

Kolchak Puggle said...

Mama says that *I* am a handful all by my ownself, and the felix only makes things crazier. We really admire how you keep up with all those paws!

Sheltie Times said...

Sounds like a succesful weekend.

Krista/Ruca said...

That's really great news. I'm sure they all be happy with their new digs.

Tchao-wow!

Purrfect Haven said...

we are rooting for Ziggy! But all are lovely! Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Unknown said...

You are truly amazing to look after that many dogs and cats! I love hearing happy endings, hope that everyone else gets one too!