Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ziggy is Perplexing

I have read a lot on dog body language, but Ziggy's body language isn't covered in any book I've read.  Maybe you can help me out.  What do you think it means when he takes random gigantic steps with his back legs?

And sometimes he gets weird expressions on his face.  

Right before he falls over for no good reason.  What does it all mean?? 

Okay, he doesn't really randomly fall over.  He does get over-exuberant and probably tripped over his own feet right before I took this picture.  I'm sure there is nothing medically wrong with him - but mentally, well, he may have a not-yet diagnosed issue.  For now, I just call it Zigginess.

12 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

I LOVE the giant random steps with his back feet

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Anonymous said...

Those are all symptoms of a very serious condition called "Cracker-Dogitis." Really nothing you can do abouts it except make him comfortable and indulge him in whatever treat he wants. (Uh, Ziggy...don't forgets to mail those 6 ribeye steaks to me asap, okay?)

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's just a plain, old goofball!

brooke said...

The random falling over... I was going to say, maybe he's part fainting goat!

Cupcake said...

Let's face it, Ziggy is one of kind. Never seen anything like this, and probably never will again.

Kolchak Puggle said...

BOL @ Mayzie. Yes, definitely Cracker-dogitis. I just love Ziggy. Such a fun guy.

24 Paws of Love said...

Don't have any answer but the post was too cute!!

Anonymous said...

is zigginess a sure sign of happiness?

Sheltie Times said...

He just seems caught up in the fun.

Stefanie said...

Ziggy has got to be in the top 10 dogs of the world that are just plain fun! How has he not been adopted yet?

Marilyn said...

"If you want to find Happiness, you gotta get with the Zigginess" - - your post is adorable!

Sue said...

I have the feeling that Ziggy is one of a kind and you're not going to find the answers in any book.
Sue