Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Three Reasons For Hope

Bunny the BichonReason #1: Bunny is Happier
Bunny, the Bichon Frise puppy mill survivor, is finally learning to trust me.  She doesn't run away from me as fast as she used to.  She will go in and out the door even when I'm standing nearby.  She barks when I leave the room and wags her tail when I come back in.  She seems more relaxed and happier - and I finally can see her starting to become a "real dog", and maybe someday have a real family of her own!



Roxie the pit bull
 Reason #2: Roxy is Smarter
Roxy has been attending Canine Good Citizen classes and has learned to sit on command, lie down on command, stay until released, and sit quietly while being petted.  She did jump on the UPS guy when he came to deliver packages, but I can't blame her.  I can barely contain my excitement everytime the UPS guy shows up too.  I am hopeful that she will pass her CGC test with no problems in just a few more weeks. 

Reason #3: Ziggy is Famouser...errr..More Famous
He's managed to make 99 friends on Facebook so far.  He's also been featured on the Facebook pages of  Shelter Pet Project, Echo the Deaf Pittie Mix, and may soon be featured by StubbyDog Project.  With so many wonderful people helping to spread the word about him, he may someday find his very own adoptive home! 

8 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Im pulling for Ziggy the most!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

Great news all around! We'll be keeping our fingers (and paws) crossed that they all continue to make progress!

Ashton Keenan said...

Great news, for all of them !Especially bunny, and honestly deep down i think ziggy has his furever home in mind..;)

Corbin said...

Ziggy just got two more fans on facebook!
-Corbin

Cupcake said...

I wish so much that Ms. Bunny could come live with me. I love her!! I'm so glad she is doing better.

brooke said...

Awww the news about Bunny makes me happy!
And while I want Ziggy to find his forever home, I really secretly hope you'll keep him cause he's just so funny!

Tucker The Crestie said...

This is wonderful news! Ziggy will soon have more Facebook friends than I will! :)

mobile dog grooming said...

hello is amazing what you do with the doggies i love it !
Dog Grooming Miami Beach
two and five thumb up for you site !!! pure love ><><>