Casey was doing great... until he was eaten by the monsters that hide under the deck.
Okay, she didn't really say that. I just love this picture she sent of him lying under the deck, and I made up my own caption. But she did say he is doing great. Here is her e-mail:
---start of e-mail---
Casey Jones Top Ten List:
1. I could have not gotten a better dog had I ordered him from a Sears catalog.
2. He settled in immediately and Noel is glad to have an 'animal' friend. I forgot to mention she thinks she is a dog.
3. He lets me sleep as long as I want. In 30 days he only wanted out one time during the night. At night he beats me to the bed and stretches out across the center. He does move to give me some room when I get in bed.
(In his 'day' bed)
4. So glad I spent so much on his collapsible crate. He has not spent one minute in it. But it is being put to good use.
5. He is unbelievable about 'people' food. I have NEVER had a dog that did not sit and stare while I was eating (and who's fault was that?). Casey will be on an all dog diet.
6. Totally housebroken. He must have a bladder the size of a basketball.
7. He LOVES his outdoor space. The deck, the lower deck, the patio, under the steps or out on the grass. He can sleep anywhere.
(Under the steps)
8. Rides, hummm. All he needs to see is me getting my purse. We did have to come to an understanding with that. He would go the laundry room door and push to get out. I have trained him that "No" when I enter the laundry room, means "you are not going" and "Sit, Wait" means "you are going, but I have to open the door first". Then when given the "OK, you can come".
(His NEW ride)
9. Walking is done after the sun sets. I am not a hot day, sunshine kind of person. We move slow, you know we do have to say hello to every adult and dog along the way. Kids get special kisses.
10. He loves to be brushed, he almost purrrs. I can clean the mud off his feet with a washcloth, even between the toes and under the nail.
Thank you for bringing him into my life.
----end of e-mail---
Thank you, Dee, for giving him such a happy life!