Friday, January 18, 2008

Latest Update on Coal

I’ve continued working with Coal, and he’s showing real improvement. He was afraid of stairs, but now he’s going up and down them with no problem. He now loves to play with Remi, and loves squeaky toys! Of course, he’s still terrified of strangers, loud noises and the outdoors. I think that’s hurting his housebreaking, since he will never voluntarily go outdoors. I don’t think he’ll ever be a watchdog – if he sees or hears someone coming to the door, the only way you get any notice is if you see him quietly sneaking out of the room to find a quiet corner to hide in. He’s still the quietest dog I’ve ever met – I think I’ve only heard him bark twice since I met him. And he’s still really sweet and huggable. I always think of him as my real-life teddy bear.

No comments: