Then a few months ago, another pet blogger discovered this blog. And suddenly I was meeting people all over the world, instead of just the few people I knew in this small corner of the Internet. And for the first time I discovered other blogs, and these fun blog games and awards. So today I'm going to share some recent awards and tags that I've received from some new blogging friends.
I received the Sunshine Award from One Pibble's Wish. The Sunshine Award is given to a blogger who brings a little sunshine into someone's life. Thank you Pibble! Here are the rules for this award:
- Post the award within my post.
- Send the award to 12 bloggers who add a little sunshine to my life.
- Post links to the 12 blogs I've sent the award to.
- Leave a comment on their blog telling them they've gotten the award.
- Put these instructions in my post so they'll know what to do!
I've seen this award on several other blogs, so I'm just going to post twelve bloggers who add sunshine to my life, even if they've already received it. I hope you'll stop by and visit their blogs if you need a little bit of sunshine in your life.
- Mayzie's Dog Blog
- House of Cats
- Pitter Patter
- Frankly Speaking
- Two Pitties in the City
- Brutus the Frenchie
- Daily Dose of Jack
- Dog Eared
- Stella, Gunther & Betty
- Mango's Great Adventures
- List 10 things that make me happy, and do one of them today.
Noelle asked if she could list the 10 things that made her happy, so I said she could. So here are Noelle's answers:
1. When mom or dad come home from work and greet me.
2. When we go for a walk somewhere with lots of interesting smells.
3. When Bernice or Angie C. come over and visit me.
4. When Remi or a foster dog plays bitey-face or tug-of-war with me.
5. Sleeping on my dad's lap while he plays his X-Box.
6. Sleeping on my mom's lap while she
7. Getting treats just for doing things like sitting or lying down. It's so easy!
8. Chasing cats.
9. Chewing up frisbees.
10. Showing my mom and dad how much I love them.
And finally, we've been tagged by the House of Cats and Mayzie's Dog Blog for the photo tag game. Here are the rules: Go to your first photo folder, find the 10th picture, post that photo and explain the story behind it. Then, tag five blogs to do the same.
So since the House of Cats tagged me, I went to my cat pictures folder and found the tenth picture, which is from May 2009:
This is Anastasia, a previous foster kitten. I was trying to take her picture for the website, but she was not happy about it. I did not use this picture on her web page, because she looks a bit scary. But I liked the picture enough to keep it on my computer. Fortunately no one ever saw this picture, and Anastasia was successfully adopted.
And since Mayzie the dog tagged me too, I went to my dog pictures folder and found this one from May 2008:
It is one of my previous foster dogs, named Vala. She was the most energetic, happy dog I have ever fostered, and she just loved people. I wanted a picture of her with her ears up, like she normally looked. But when I had my husband hold her so I could get her picture (otherwise she'd go running and jump up on me), she would put her ears back. So Dave decided to be helpful and hold her ears up for her. Poor dog. My fosters have to put up with a lot from us sometimes.
Thanks Amy and Mayzie for the fun game! I decided to tag five other foster blogs, in case they want to play too. Of course they may be too busy
Freckles' Foster Friends
One girl, too many animals...
Thank you to my four faithful readers (Hi Grandma!) who have put up with me for so long, and thank you to all my newer readers and new blogging friends for making me feel so welcome in your community.