Friday, July 13, 2012

Flashback Friday: Charlie

It's been awhile since I've done a Flashback Friday, but today I'm excited to share with you an update on one of my previous foster cats.

Life was never boring with Charlie around

Anyone remember Charlie?  This is the kitten I took in as an FIV+ cat, and then later learned was actually positive for FeLV - a much more serious disease.  I had Charlie for several months, and he entertained me with his sweet personality, his love of the dogs, and the enjoyment he found in life.  Then an amazing thing happened, and a wonderful family decided to adopt this special needs cat.  So it's been six months since Charlie has left, and I still think about him often.  Today I contacted his new mom to see how he is doing, and here was her reply:

Charlie is doing really well. He's healthy and doing great with our new Dog Cooper. My daughter loves him and when ever we've had people over to the house they talk about how beautiful he is and what a sweetheart he can be. I've attached a picture of him with Coop curled up next to each other.

We love him and continue to enjoy his bursts of energy and love on him every chace we get. He's giving kisses now and loves when I carry him to see the birdies thru the patio doors. He's wonderful and we are all glad he's a part of our family! 
Charlie in his new home

Thanks Tracey, for adopting Charlie and giving him such a happy life!

5 comments:

Cupcake said...

Charlie and Cooper are adorable. I'm so glad Charlie is in a good home where he is loved.

Love, Cupcake

Cr8z4Cats! said...

They are both adorable! I remember him and I remember his wonderful parents! So glad he's doing well and is enjoying life. Thanks for giving him a chance and thanks to his new family for providing him with a spectacular home. What a happy story!

Casey Jones' Mom said...

Happiness is a cuddly buddy. All is well when there is a happy ending.

Blueberry's human said...

Such a great story!

That puppy is so stinking cute I can hardly stand it! I love that Charlie is all snuggled up with him!

locks said...

That looks great! Charlie and Cooper are so cute!