Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for so many things, including the many memorable experiences I've had over the past several years of fostering.  

The most memorable event may be the time I traveled to Washington D.C. with my foster puppy Bear so he could participate in Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl VI.  It was the first (and so far, only) time that one of my fosters has been on national television.  I never would have had that opportunity if not for fostering.  





Of course, fostering has not been all fun and games.  And even the fun and games can take a dangerous turn. The time one of my foster puppies got his head stuck inside a Jolly Ball dog toy was very memorable.  I am mostly just thankful that I was eventually able to get him unstuck and he was not hurt.




Some of the most memorable experiences are not the special events, but the foster pets themselves.  The ones who take the longest to get adopted, like Scribbles, are the pets that I will never forget.  And at a time like Thanksgiving, I am reminded again how thankful I am that Scribbles finally got a home!



And then there's this guy.  Do you recognize him? This is one of the first pictures I ever took of him, when he came to my house as a foster puppy in December 2009.  Although I've tried really hard, he's never been adopted.  He has, however, provided me with countless memories over the past two years.  In spite of the challenges, I am still thankful that I took him home from the shelter.  And I'm going to be even more thankful when he is finally adopted!


I hope you've had a great day and have also had time to reflect on what you are thankful for.  Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Ashton Keenan said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :) I think you should just keep ziggy....he loves you!
Hope all is well,
Ashton.

Kolchak Puggle said...

Awwww, I'm thankful for Ziggy :0) He's so darn sweet.

Tucker The Crestie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I know what all these animals are thankful for. (Or who, I should say.)

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

You have such a special household, I'm sure y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Anonymous said...

Happy late thnaksgiving!

Also, why haven't we had any updates on Noelle, Remi, or Merlin? I feel like we haven't heard a thing about them in forever, lol!

Kari in Alaska said...

Happy late Thanksgiving

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com