Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rescue Me Week: Sal

It's Rescue Me Week, and today I'd like to introduce you to Salvador, also known as Sal.

Sal #1 is an American Pit Bull Terrier in Illinois.  He is eight months old, and is good with other dogs.  He likes to roll around in the grass and cuddle up on blankets and pillows.


Sal #2 is an American Pit Bull Terrier who was also in Illinois - at least until this morning.  Then he came to my house.  Salvador is my newest foster dog.  Special thanks to Linda who transported him to me!  Sal #2 is about two years old, and he is deaf.  He is extremely sweet and is settling in just fine.  Being a pit bull and a deaf dog means Sal will have a much more difficult time being adopted, but I know he will make someone a wonderful pet.  He is very friendly, does fine with cats, and so far has been absolutely perfect.   

Both Sal #1 and Sal #2, along with 43 other pets named Sal or Salvador or Salvadore are looking for their forever homes!

10 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

Both so handsome! The rescue Levi and Miss M are from has had a lot of success adopting out deaf pitbulls (usually they are white!). What do you think the biggest misconception is about a deaf dog?

H Ski said...

Good luck with Sal #2. Can't wait to hear some stories about him. He looks like such a gentle soul.

Kari in Alaska said...

Those are loveable faces

Stop by for a visit
Kari
Dogisgodinreverse.com

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Hope they find wonderful forever homes quickly!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Dog Foster Mom said...

Two Pitties in the City - I think many people imagine that they won't be able to communicate with a deaf dog. They don't understand that dogs respond to body language better than voice commands, and it's really easy to communicate with a deaf dog! I wonder if Levi's rescue would have any interest in helping find Ziggy a new home? If they'd cross-post him (share him on their website), I'd be glad to drive him to any potential adopters in Chicago! :-)

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I'm looking forward to the Sal and Ziggy show! Hopefully it will be a short run and they'll both find their happily furever after home real soon!

Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
Stumpy and me

Corbin said...

Sal #1 looks like ME!!!! Best of luck to him! And I can't wait to hear more about Sal #2!
-Corbin

Unknown said...

This should be so much fun! Can't wait to see a picture of Noelle, Ziggy and Sal!

Anonymous said...

THUNK! Oh, sorry! That was me falling over from all the handsomeness in this postie! Wow! And Corbin's right. Sal #1 DOES look like him. I sure can't wait to gets to know Sal #2 better!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Erica said...

I'm Sal #1's foster mom and he is just about the sweetest little cuddler ever! He gets along well with my other pups and is curious but unsure about the cat. He's loaded with energy and loves to play fetch...Thanks for putting his pic out there!!