Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Introducing Sam and Vala

Any Stargate SG-1 fans out there will know where those names came from. ;-) Sam is short for Samantha, and she's a beautiful shepherd/rottweiler mix, around 4 or 5 months old. She is shy and just wants to climb in my lap and hide. I had a hard time getting a picture of her this morning because she wanted to be right next to me at all times. But here is a slightly blurry picture of Sam:



And here is one of her in motion... ;-)









Vala, who's name may be changed later, is the complete opposite of Sam in almost every way. She is not shy at all, and has more energy than any dog I've ever met. I'm hoping its due to being locked in a small cage 24/7 and not even being allowed outdoors for bathroom breaks. The dogs picked up by Animal Control go into the shelter and don't see daylight ever again unless they're rescued or adopted. When I saw Vala in her cage she wouldn't even stand up to say hello - just looked up at me mournfully. However, once she realized she was saved, she turned into a non-stop ball of energy. She BOUNCES up and down, onto people, or furniture, or if nothing else is convenient, just up and down in the air. She is the best jumping dog I've had! Here is a picture of Vala:

She may look like she's comfortably lying in the grass, but don't be fooled. She's really just getting a good low position so she can jump even higher. :-)

No comments: