Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Puppies

I brought home a puppy yesterday. You may have heard me talk about the cute lab/border collie puppies that we have available for adoption. We (Heartland Humane Society) started with 9 puppies, and we still have 7 of them waiting to find homes. Their mom was a yellow lab and the dad was a border collie. The puppy I brought home is from this litter. His name is Jake, and he is the best cuddler ever (except for maybe Noelle). He just likes to curl up next to me on the couch and lay there for hours. I'm only keeping him for a few days, and then he's going on to another foster home, but I'm really enjoying having him here while I can. You too, can have your own puppy, to adopt or just to foster! Apply online at http://www.hhsrescue.org/, or e-mail me for more information.

I am going to be bringing home a different puppy next week. Duncan (I'm naming him after my niece and nephew) is a little chocolate lab puppy. He was picked up as a stray and no one came for him. Another volunteer told me about him, and we went to see him together. He's at a rural animal control - in an outdoor pen that is falling apart. He had no food or water, no toys, no other animals or people for company. He has been all alone there in the cold for a week now. I feel so awful for him. The volunteer I went with is going to pick him up today and get him dewormed and vaccinated. He'll finally have some human attention, and medical care, and somewhere warm to sleep tonight!

No comments: