Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Introducing Lucy; Pictures of other fosters

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't had much to report! After the puppies were all adopted, I was sort of taking a little break, but break time is over. I went with two friends to a shelter yesterday and we ended up coming home with four dogs! I am only fostering one of them - the other three went to other foster homes. The one I took is a yellow lab mix, and I've named her Lucy. I saw her at the shelter last week and fell in love with her when she kept trying to lick my hand through the bars of her cage. I was out of town this past weekend so I couldn't get her right away, but I thought about her all weekend and was very excited to bring her home last night. I snapped a few quick photos of her this morning... this is Lucy:


She is very sweet, and so happy to be out of the shelter and be able to run and play! She is probably around a year old. It's too early to tell what she'll be like once she settles down, but right now she is just this hyper whirlwind of energy running around the yard. I guess I would be too, if I'd been stuck inside a small steel cage for 3 weeks and hadn't been outside in all that time! Still she is most likely to run in circles - she doesn't seem to want to get too far from me. And everytime I call her, she runs to me and leans against me to get a belly rub. She does fine with other dogs and cats so I am hoping she will be an easy dog to find a home for!

Here are pictures of two of the other dogs we took. Both are cute chihuahuas, under 10 pounds, approx 1 year old, and very sweet. They are not related - they just happened to have two chihuahuas there at the same time!



And I finally got a picture of my black cat Artemis. I call him Artie, and I love him more every day. He is very affectionate, and always eager for me to come home from work! I was worried about how he'd do with the other animals since he's been an "only pet" for his whole life so far, but he has fit in great and is doing really well with Kiwi (my only foster cat at home right now), and he also is starting to get more comfortable around the dogs.

No comments: