Monday, July 13, 2009

Rowdy & Venus were adopted; other adoptions

We had a lot of exciting dog adoptions this weekend. My foster dog Rowdy was adopted on Saturday. I talked to his new family yesterday and he's settled in very quickly to his new home, and is doing great. Also one of my previous short-term foster dogs, Dash, is being adopted!! He met his new family on Sunday, and they're planning to come back and adopt him later this week - hooray!! Another dog from our shelter was also adopted on Saturday. Her name is Mattie - she looks a lot like Kai, my foster dog. Mattie went home with a family with lots of kids, and she looked so excited to be on the receiving end of so much love and attention. Also Kevin and Candy, two small breed dogs who came from horrible circumstances, went home on Saturday with new families, where they will be loved and spoiled for the rest of their lives. All in all, it was a great weekend for Heartland dogs.

As for cats, I am not sure who all got adopted (check Angie's blog for updates), other than my foster kitten Venus. She was adopted by a family who has adopted from Heartland before. It's always great to have adopters come back and adopt another pet into their family. I think Venus will be very happy in her new home.

No comments: