Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Introducing Zara and Ziggy

This is Zara. She and her brother Ziggy are my newest foster dogs. Zara looks familiar to me. Maybe once she grows into those ears, I'll realize who it is she reminds me of...


Zara is not deaf, but Ziggy is.  He's also currently breaking my heart.  He became sick a few days after I brought him home.  Right now he's at the animal hospital/emergency clinic, receiving around-the-clock care.  I took him in yesterday after the vet said he was ill enough to require going to the hospital.   So far he's doing okay, but he may be there for several more days, receiving IV fluids and antibiotics.  The bill to treat him is going to be somewhere between $800 and $1700.  I'm praying that he gets better, and that Zara doesn't get sick too.  I'm going to donate what I can to All Paws to help pay for his vet bill.  As a small rescue group, they can't easily afford to treat him, but they have been very supportive and told me to go ahead and do whatever he needed.  Even though donations have been down a lot because of the economy, they didn't hesitate to help him.  So please, if you are able to, make a donation to help treat Ziggy.  You can donate via credit card or by Paypal by clicking on the link below, or donations can be mailed to the following address: 
All Paws Rescue
c/o Ziggy
PO Box 1274
O'Fallon, MO 63366

I'll be posting updates on his condition throughout the next few days. 








No comments: