Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Garage Sale this weekend!

All Paws Rescue is having a garage sale this Saturday starting at 10am at the O'Reilly's Auto Parts store parking lot on Main Street (just north of the Highway 70/Hwy K intersection).  Not only will there be a lot of garage sale treasures, but you can also purchase food, pet beds, and other items.  Bring the kids along to meet Scooby-Doo and Garfield.  How cool is that - a cartoon dog and cat... I read that Scooby-Doo and Garfield would be there, but it took it awhile (like two weeks) to click that they aren't just cartoon characters but are actually cartoon animals like the ones that All Paws is raising money to help.  Duh... don't laugh at me please.  Whomever thought of having a cartoon cat and cartoon dog at an event to raise money for homeless cats and dogs is brilliant.  And I'm just sorry that I wasn't intelligent enough to see it right away.  Hopefully the rest of the world isn't quite as oblivious as me. 

There will also be various pets there for adoption, including my new foster puppies!  Get 'em in, and get 'em out, that's my motto.  Seriously, the sooner they can get into permanent homes, the easier on them for adjusting, and the easier on the foster mom (me) who has less time to get attached.  Plus that is that much sooner I can go save some more who need help.  So if you have some time this Saturday, come visit, play with the puppies, buy some food, search the garage sale items, and meet the cartoon characters.  Just please don't point out to me while you're there that they are cartoon ANIMALS.  I'm embarrassed enough as it is. 


(click on the flyer to view a larger version)

No comments: