Thursday, September 24, 2009

Speaking of Garfield...

Garfield has always been one of my favorite cartoons.  And I've often thought about naming one of my foster cats Garfield.  But the right cat just hasn't come along yet.  At least not for me.  A friend of mine has a foster cat she named Garfield, and I think the name is a perfect fit.  Meet Garfield...


As his bio says, he hasn't passed up any dinners - lasagna or otherwise!  Garfield weighs about 20 pounds.   Of course, no one wants Garfield to weigh quite this much - an overweight cat (or dog) is unhealthy, so we'd love to see Garfield lose some weight and feel better and live longer.  Garfield is staying up at the O'Fallon, MO PetSmart right now if you'd like to stop by and visit him. 

It's a good thing I'm not fostering this cat.  I would probably try to see how much like the cartoon character he really is.  I'd be making him lasagna (if I could cook) and letting him pick on the dogs (I'd have to name one Odie) and I'd even give him a teddy bear named Pooky.  He'd already have the cutest kitten in the world at my house to annoy him - I'd just have to change Merlin's name to Nermal.  It'd be perfect, and so much fun.  So like I said, it's a good thing I'm not the one fostering him.

No comments: