Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears...





Oh my!
That had absolutely nothing to do with fostering, but because I like the pictures (taken this week at the St. Louis Zoo), I thought I'd share them anyway.   
---
I didn't take any of my fosters to adoptions today, but I did go to PetSmart and hang out for awhile.  I'm going to be fostering with a new rescue group - All Paws Rescue.  Well they aren't new, they're just new to me.  So today I went and met several of the volunteers.  It's a group I've heard a lot of good things about, and I have met a few of their volunteers before, so that made it less scary to go meet everyone.  And all the people I met today were very nice and made me feel welcome.  They even asked me to help with their upcoming fundraiser, which made me feel like a part of the group already.  I like to be useful, and I'm really looking forward to it.  By the way, they're looking for donations for their silent auction.  So if you can donate any kind of goods or services from your place of employment or know of someone else who may be able to help, that would be awesome.  You can e-mail me at dogfostermom@aol.com for more information.   

No comments: