Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Puppy Bowl VI

The Puppy Bowl, aired each year on Animal Planet, is shown the afternoon of the Super Bowl and features puppies at play in a model football stadium.  If you've never seen it, it's a lot of fun to watch.  And next year, my foster puppy Bear may be one of the puppy football players!  We'll be traveling in a couple of weeks to Silver Spring, Maryland, for the taping of Puppy Bowl VI, which will be aired in February 2010.  And if Bear can manage to stay awake and active enough during the taping, he'll get to be on the show!  It's a long shot, because Bear is the most laid-back, quiet puppy I've had.  A few people who have met him have even asked if he is sick, because he is so non-active.  He's not sick, just lazy.  But I'm hoping after a day in the car, driving 14 hours to Maryland, he will have stored up enough energy to go out and play some puppy football!  Now does anyone know where I can get a tiny stuffed football to start teaching him how to score touchdowns? 

1 comment:

Michael said...

I just watched Puppy Bowl VI, and was glad to see your Bear was on there (at least, there was a puppy named Bear; I guess he was yours). He was a cutie. I wish I could take all of them home with me, but I can only handle the one hyper little Bassett Hound that I have! On behalf of dogs everywhere, however, allow me to thank you for doing something so wonderful as fostering. it's a great thing, and I'm sure you have saved a ton of puppies. Continue your wonderful work!

Cheers,
Michael