Saturday, October 24, 2009

Snoopy, Skye and Sonic were adopted!

Three of my four foster puppies have been adopted this week.  Only Bear is left, and he now has an application pending on him, so once he's ready for adoption in a few weeks, he has a home waiting!  Puppies are so much easier to find homes for than adult dogs.  I understand they're usually cuter than adult dogs, and it's kind of nice to raise them from a puppy so they don't come in with bad habits.  But they also have no manners at all.  Now that his littermates are gone, Bear has woken me up at 6:00 AM every day this week to tell me that he's ready to start his day.  He has food - he has water - he has a place to potty.  The only thing he wants when I drag myself out of bed is to be petted and then to go play with the other dogs.  How inconsiderate!  He never did this when he still had siblings to play with.  All of my adult dogs are civilized enough to sleep until at least 7:00AM.  But Bear doesn't seem to be learning good manners from my other dogs.  Only the bad manners, like jumping up and counter surfing, seem to be noticed by him.  It's a good thing he's so darn cute. 

I leave this morning for Silver Spring, Maryland, to tape Bear participating in the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  The show won't air until February, but I'm hoping they'll let me take some pictures to share while I'm there.  My husband is going to stay home and take care of all the other dogs, and hopefully he'll still be speaking to me when I return. 

No comments: