Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year!  Every year I make resolutions for the new year... and every year I fail.  This year I'm trying again.  Here are my resolutions for 2010.

1.  Take the dogs for more walks - totalling at least 100 miles.  That's such a pathetically small number I almost didn't share it with you - only two miles a week, right?  But I know how it'll go... I'll do great for a week or so... then it'll get too cold... then work will get busier and I'll be too tired... then it'll be too rainy and wet.... then I'll have too many foster pets and no time... then I'll have a cold... then I'll get motivated and manage another couple of weeks when the weather starts to warm up... until it gets too hot.  I figure by November I'll be trying to fit in around 20 miles a week just to finish up my resolution by the end of the year!


2. Clicker-train a cat to do a trick. Any trick is fine.  I just want to successfully clicker-train a cat - any cat.  I'm thinking if I could teach a cat how to jump through a hoop on command, it would be a huge help to that cat in finding a home.  Anyone have a cat-sized hoop I can borrow for awhile?  Like...a year? 




3.  Complete at least three classes toward my diploma this year.  I'm enrolled in a work-at-your-own-pace program for a Diploma of Dog Training and a Diploma of Shelter and Rescue Work, and have been given three years to complete it, so it's very easy to put off the classes when something more interesting takes up my time.  Like photography.  Or Farmville.  But those three years will be up before I know it, so I need to get movitated.  I finished my master's degree a few years ago, but I still have a nightmare sometimes that I didn't finish one of my classes, and never graduated.  So I would rather that not become a reality with this program. 




Those are my resolutions for 2010.... did you make any?

No comments: