Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Celebration of Lights

The city of O'Fallon, MO has an annual drive-through Christmas light display at Fort Zumwalt Park.  Each scene is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses.  All Paws Rescue is one of the local organizations that participates each year.  So if you get a chance to visit, make sure to look for the All Paws display.
The event was started in 1991, and it attracts over 8,000 vehicles each year, and over 5,000 individuals on walk-through night.  The one-mile long display has over 1 million lights!   I set up five of those lights.  Okay technically they probably don't count the spotlights as lights.  But I helped to set up a few of the spotlights, and the Santa in this picture.  Other All Paws volunteers did the rest of the All Paws scene set-up.  They did a good job. 

Here's a close-up picture of the manger scene, with one of my favorite reindeer - Binky the reindeerdog!  He was just a temporary guest though - I don't think he'll be there every night.  He has better things to do, like sniffing out hidden Christmas presents.  And cookies.  I think Christmas might be Binky's favorite time of the year. 





There is also a walk-through night on December 8th between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.  On that night, you can walk through the park, visit with Santa and his reindeer, and visit booths filled with holiday crafts, gifts, and fesitval food.  There will be fireworks at 7:25pm. 

All Paws will be selling hot chocolate and cookies - yum!  Please stop by and say hello.  I may be helping to sell  the hot chocolate and cookies, but they may have me doing something different since I can't be trusted around cookies.  Binky and I have that in common.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They don'y call me the vanilla wafer kid for nothing!
Binky
Beagle
All Paws Rescue