Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dodger was adopted!

Dodger just went to his new home on another two-week trial basis.  I love that All Paws Rescue does two-week trial adoptions - it gives the adopters a sense of security to find out if they really are ready for the lifelong commitment they're making to the pet, and if they find that they aren't ready for some reason, then it's nice to know the pet can come back to foster care and they get their adoption fee back.  I hope that Dodger works out in his new home and I only see him when his new family brings him in for a visit.  Speaking of, I saw Trey, my previous Cockapoo foster dog, at Petsmart with his adoptive family today.  He is doing great, and it was so nice to talk to the family and find out how much they love him. 

This has been a very good week for my foster dogs, as three of them went to new homes.  It's been hard saying goodbye to so many all at once though.  My only remaining foster dog is Farley, and the house seems quite empty without any others.  Since this is a big adopt-a-thon weekend for PetSmart, I'll be back at the St. Charles PetSmart tomorrow trying to find Farley a home.  But I won't be sad at all if he doesn't get adopted quite yet!

3 comments:

Bernicek said...

You have been quite the busy dog foster mom. Slow down. You are exhausting me...

Anonymous said...

What about Chenille? Did she go to another foster home..?

Dog Foster Mom said...

Bernice, I'm out of foster dogs now - I'll have to slow down. :-)

Anonymous - I was hoping someone would ask about Chenille! She's doing great, and actually she did go to another foster home - they're doing a foster-to-adopt kind of thing, and plan to adopt her as soon as she is ready for adoption! So hopefully I'll be able to announce that in another couple of weeks!